Law firms saw significant declines in the years after the 2007 recession, as clients cut costs and turned to in-house options, but they are showing modest although uneven growth again.
- According to IBISWorld, industry revenue is expected to grow by 1.9% in 2015 and “at an annualized rate of 1.4% to $292.0B by 2020. (Law Firms in the US, Sept. 2015, report 54111)
- Growth is uneven in the industry and may correspond to a “practice mix that meets current needs or the geographic variables of local markets.” Altman Weil’s Law firms in transition 2015.
- High growth sectors suggested by several sources include but are not limited to M&A activity, IPO’s, real estate, technology, and healthcare.
- The Hildebrandt Consulting/Citi Bank 2015 Client Advisory published Dec. 2014 also called for lower growth, with a widening gap among the firms. Winners include “those with strong brand-name transactional practices, or firms who have demonstrated value to their clients by offering quality work at the right price, while creating a well-managed cost structure to maintain or improve their margins.” Factors including “ill-conceived growth strategies; too much dependence on litigation; and top heavy, expensive leverage models” may have contributed to other firms’ lack of growth.
- The largest firms showed the most growth in 2014, while others saw a decline; that trend was expected to continue through 2015.
- All sources expect transactional work to grow and litigation to remain flat.
What does the future look like for the industry:
Revenue for the Law Firms industry is expected to grow “at an annualized rate of 1.4% to $292.0B by 2020. This will be fueled by a “projected increase in corporate profit and a stricter regulatory environment, both domestically and internationally.” (Law Firms in the US, IBISWorld, Sept. 2015, report 54111).
At LT~CRS we understand how to best help Clients save money, while ensuring you stay highly effective and efficient with your services. We strive daily to help you become more financially sound, putting more money back in your wallet. The average savings we find our clients is between 25 – 37%.
We have saved companies tens of thousands on their telecom and utility expenses with our proven cost reduction process. The results from the LT~CRS Process allow our Clients to reinvest the “savings” into growth initiatives or apply these “found profits” to their bottom line.
Contact LT~CRS today for a FREE CONSULTATION to discover how to get control of your unmanaged spend and reduce expenditure on business services.
Nationwide: 866-504-4050. Call us. We will answer the phone. OR Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Other Ways to Connect with Us.
Request more info: https://www.limitlesstechnology.com/contact-us/